This Privacy Statement explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information, will be processed by us.
By visiting www.noorplay.com (the “Service”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may receive and process the following information about you:
- Information we receive from you: We collect information you provide to us which includes:
- your name surname, age, email address, address or postal code, payment method(s), and telephone number. In certain countries, we collect a government identification number for purposes such as billing and tax compliance. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- information when you choose to provide ratings, taste preferences, account settings (including preferences set in the "Account" section of our website), or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device(s) used to access our service (such as gaming systems, smart TVs, mobile devices, set top boxes, and other streaming media devices). This information includes:
- your activity on the Noorplay service, such as title selections, watch history and search queries;
- your interactions with our emails and texts, and with our messages through push and online messaging channels;
- details of your interactions with our customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers;
- resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers), such as those on mobile devices, tablets, and streaming media devices that include such identifiers;
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
- Information from partners: We collect information from other companies with whom you have a relationship (“Partners”). These Partners might include (depending on what services you use): your TV or Internet service provider, or other streaming media device providers who make our service available on their device; mobile phone carriers or other companies who provide services to you and collect payment for the service for distribution to us; and voice assistant platform providers who enable interaction with our service via voice commands. The information Partners provide us varies depending on the nature of the Partner services, and may include:
- media related search queries and commands you make through Partner devices or voice assistant platforms;
- service activation information such as your email address or other contact information;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers that support user authentication, the service registration experience, Partner payment processing, and the presentation of Noorplay content to you through portions of the Partner user interface.
- Information from other sources: We also obtain information from other sources. We protect this information according to the practices described in this Privacy Statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These sources vary over time, but could include:
- service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize our service and for other uses consistent with this Privacy Statement;
- payment service providers who provide us with payment information, or updates to that information, based on their relationship with you;
- online and offline data providers, from which we obtain demographic, interest based and online advertising related data;
- publicly-available sources such as open government databases.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use data to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use information to:
- determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for movies and TV shows we think will be of interest to you, determine your Internet service provider, and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- to coordinate with Partners on making the service available to members and providing information to non-members about the availability of the service, based on the specific relationship you have with the Partner;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and to enforce our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- analyze and understanding our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
- communicate with you concerning our service so that we can send you news about Noorplay, details about new features and content available on Noorplay, special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. These communications may be by various methods, such as email, push notifications, text message, online messaging channels.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and/or
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Service.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and/or
Cookies are stored on your hard drive, not on the Service, and as such you are able to set your browser to decline cookies and/or delete them. If you do so, you will still be able to access the Service, but you may find that some areas or pages do not function as smoothly as they might with cookies enabled.
We will use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Service. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas;
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to the Service, and to see how they move around the Service when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Service works;
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to the Service; and
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Service, the pages you have visited, the Content Pages and Content you have viewed, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Service and, if applicable, any advertising displayed on it, more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
STORAGE AND SECURITY
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Service, and as such any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties, our partner networks, advertisers and/or affiliates. Links to or from external websites not owned or controlled by us do not constitute an endorsement by us of the products or information presented therein.
If you follow a link to any of these external websites, please note that they will have their own privacy policies for which we do not accept any responsibility or liability. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those external websites.